Monday, October 6, 2014

Watching Them Worship

God is in the midst of her;
she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
(Psalm 46:5 ESV)

As a mom, one of the most important goals of my life is to know my daughters' faith is their own.

This weekend I saw that goal is being accomplished. At the last minute we were able to go to the Michael W. Smith concert at Indiana Wesleyan University Saturday evening where my oldest sat behind the band in the chorale backing up Michael. I cried as I watched her worshiping. And then next to me another daughter's hand went up in praise.


Our children grow up, and it's a scary thing. I want them to be babies again, always reaching to me for help. But the older they get, the less they need my help. Knowing they are turning to God for their help makes the pain of letting go so much easier.

I am a blessed mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment